Snow Leopard Compatible! The SeriTek/e6G is compatible with Apple Mac Pro, late 2005 PowerMac G5 (11,2) and PC's with an available PCI-Express slot. Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) 32-bit and 64-bit modes are supported along with Mac OS X 10.5.x, 10.4.11, Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. The new FirmTek 64-bit SeriTek/e6G driver is built from the ground up to support the latest features provided in Mac OS X Snow Leopard while still maintaining backward compatibility with 32-bit system configurations.
SMART Application Support: The FirmTek SeriTek/e6G driver features S.M.A.R.T application support which enables it to deliver SMART data to third party utilities like Hardware Monitor. Users can conveniently monitor hard disk temperatures and the health of hard disks attached to the SeriTek/e6G while using their favorite Macintosh SMART reporting application. In addition, Disk Utility can also be used to verify the SMART status of hard disks connected to the SeriTek/e6G. The FirmTek SeriTek/e6G is the first 2-port eSATA 6G controller that supports both port multiplication and Macintosh 3rd party SMART applications. SMART application support is a very useful feature for monitoring the condition of hard disks connected to the SeriTek/e6G.
Performance: The SeriTek/e6G features an energy efficient, two channel, SATA 6Gb/s compliant, hot swap, native eSATA interface with PCI-Express 2.0, one-lane bandwidth. The controller is compliant with the Serial ATA Revision 3.0 specification which supports SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 3.0 Gb/s and 1.5 Gb/s hard disks. SeriTek/e6G performance is optimized when installed in a PCIe 2.0 slot. The SeriTek/e6G is also backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots. For maximum performance, FirmTek recommends installing the SeriTek/e6G in a PCIe 2.0 slot when possible. The 2009 Mac Pro (MacPro4,1) offers PCIe 2.0 in all PCIe expansion slots. The 2008 Mac Pro (MacPro3,1) offers PCIe 2.0 in slot 2, while slots 3 and 4 provide PCIe 1.0 bandwidth. The SeriTek/e6G is PCI-Express Base 2.0 specification compliant which allows it to support PCI-e communication speeds of up to 5.0 Gbps when installed in a PCI-Express 2.0 compatible slot.
Port Multiplier: The FirmTek SeriTek/e6G supports FIS-based port multiplier aware hardware which allows up to ten hard disks to be connected to the controller when two 5-bay SeriTek/5PM enclosures are available. A port multiplier configuration can provide massive storage volumes for audio/video editing, multimedia libraries or backing up data. The SeriTek/e6G optimizes performance for up to 5 hard disks per data port by utilizing the advanced bandwidth characteristics of the PCI-Express architecture. Port multiplication also delivers significantly less cable clutter. A single eSATA data cable can attach up to five hard disks to the computer. The SeriTek/e6G can dramatically increase on-hand data storage capabilities. With up to 10 hard disks connected simultaneously, accessible storage limits can be effectively eliminated for all but the most demanding applications.
Direct Connect: Using a direct connect hard disk enclosure like the FirmTek SeriTek/2EN2 allows up to two external SATA hard disks to be attached to the SeriTek/e6G. This configuration offers optimal bandwidth for high performance RAID installations with a limited number of hard disks. The SeriTek/e6G eSATA controller supports a wide variety of hard disk configuration options for maximum connectivity.
- Two-port eSATA 6G host adapter with 64-bit and 32-bit "Snow Leopard" compatibility
- Backward compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.x and 10.4.11
- Compatible with the Apple Mac Pro
- Compatible with late 2005 PowerMac G5 (11,2) PCIe model
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP
- Onboard SATA 6Gb/s PCI-Express 2.0 to Serial ATA controller chip
- Low power usage = Low Heat = No Fan Required = Quiet Operation
- Supports Disk Utility RAID 0, 1 and JBOD configurations
- S.M.A.R.T application support for third party Macintosh utilities
- PCI-Express 2.0 compliant, backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots
- SATA 6Gb/s compliant, backward compatible with SATA 3.0 and SATA 1.5 Gb/s
- Provides hot swap and PM support which is not available with internal Mac Pro bays
- Hot swap enclosure leaves internal Mac Pro bays open for Mac OS X and Boot Camp
- Complete CRC error checking, for all bits transmitted, offers enhanced data protection
- Bus Mastering off-loads data I/O handling from CPU
- User-upgradeable firmware
- Utilizes standard eSATA connectors
- First and only 2-port 6G controller with SMART application and Macintosh port multiplier support
- Port multiplier support: Connect up to 10 drives using SeriTek/5PM enclosures
- Direct connect support: Connect up to 2 drives with a SeriTek/2EN2 enclosure
- Supports Oxford 936, JMicron and Marvel Port Multiplier based enclosures
- Multiple SeriTek/e6G controllers can be configured to support a single RAID set
- Simple to install, Easy to Use, Full Featured eSATA 6G 2-Port Controller
- Macintosh or Windows PC systems with available PCI-Express slot
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or higher, 10.6.x "Snow Leopard" 32-bit or
- Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP
- Supports Direct Connect enclosures like the SeriTek/2eEN4 and
port multiplier enclosures like the SeriTek/5PM.
- See our Compatibility Matrix for more details.
- SeriTek/e6G PCI-Express adapter with two external eSATA
- CD-ROM with user manual
Don't forget to order external shielded Serial ATA
This eSATA external host adapter does not include cables. Please
order the appropriate number of external shielded SATA cables for
- If you wish to use this adapter with newer enclosures that
support the latest eSATA I-Type connectors, order the SATA-SeriTek/I2IESDC-1M eSATA to
- If you wish to use this adapter with enclosures that utilize
the original style L-Type Serial ATA connectors, order the SATA-SeriTek/I2L-1M eSATA/I-Type to