OS X Bootable, Internal SATA 6G Adapter for PCI-Express 2.0 Equipped Apple Mac Pro, Windows 7/8/10 PC or Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion Chassis
The SeriTek/i6G is compatible with 2012 and earlier Apple Mac Pro computers and any Windows PC with an available PCI Express 2.0 slot. This new design allows FirmTek customers to directly mount up to two 2.5" SSD or HDD on the card. Drives connected to the SeriTek/i6G are bootable with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later, whether installed in a legacy Mac Pro or inside a Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis like the ThunderTek/PX. Connecting an ultra fast SSD boot drive has never been easier.
Mount 2.5" Drives On The Card
The unique SeriTek/i6G design is aimed to meet the needs of customers who wish to be able to easily add an internal SSD to their computer. No cables to worry about - just mount the 2.5" drive directly on the card and use the included screws to hold it firmly in place. Up to two SSD, HDD or SSHD drives can be attached to the card, one on each side. The card provides the power and the ultra fast 6G SATA connections with each port featuring bandwidth over 500MB/s
The dual functionality of the SeriTek/i6G design allows it to be used in a Thunderbolt expansion chassis like the FirmTek ThunderTek/PX. This PCIe card supports two SSD, HDD or SSHD drives, one on each side of the card. The SeriTek/i6G turns a Thunderbolt enclosure into a dual-bay, high-speed storage device. Flexibility, performance and a small footprint makes the ThunderTek/PX-i6G an amazing storage expansion option.
SeriTek/i6G - 2009-2012 Mac Pro Performance
The SeriTek/i6G benched 533MB/s Read and 515MB/s Write with a single OWC 6G SSD using a 2009 Apple Mac Pro 2.26 GHz. With two SSD's in RAID 0 performance increases to 778MB/s Read and 769MB/s Write. Once two i6G cards are installed with one SSD mounted on each card in RAID 0, performance jumps to 1058MB/s Read and 1024MB/s Write. The SeriTek/i6G creates an ultra-fast boot drive in the legacy 2009-2012 Apple Mac Pro models for power hungry applications
- PCI-Express based Macintosh or Windows computer with available PCI-Express 2.0 4-lane or larger expansion slot or a Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion Chassis
- Macintosh OS X version 10.6.x or later
- Windows 7/8/10 32 or 64-bit
- One or two 2.5” SSD/HDD/SSHD drives (purchased separately)
- If used in the ThunderTek/PX Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion Chassis, two mounting posts are required (included when SeriTek/i6G is purchased as the ThunderTek/PX-i6G bundle)
- One SeriTek/i6G adapter with two 2.5" drive slots/li>
- Six round foam spacers for cushioning drives
- Six drive mounting screws