A Flexible Bundle
An all-in-one Thunderbolt storage solution accommodating two high-speed 2.5" SSD, HDD, or SSHD drives, the ThunderTek/PX-i6G bundle includes the popular ThunderTek/PX PCIe 2.0 expansion chassis and the ultra-fast SeriTek/i6G PCIe expansion card.
ThunderTek/PX Expansion Chassis
The ThunderTek/PX PCIe Expansion Chassis is designed for connecting a PCIe 2.0 card to 2011 or later MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, 2013 Mac Pro or other Thunderbolt equipped Macintosh and Windows computers. Thunderbolt technology provides ultra fast 10Gbs bi-directional, dual channel bandwidth with the use of a single, compact port. This new high performance standard brings the power of PCIe expansion to notebooks as well as desktop computers. In the past, high performance PCIe slots were usually only found on bulky desktop computers. With the ThunderTek/PX in hand, customers can now connect a professional PCIe expansion card to any computer with a Thunderbolt port.
SeriTek/i6G Dual-bay PCIe Adapter Card
The SeriTek/i6G allows FirmTek customers to directly mount up to two 2.5" SSD, HDD, or SSHD drives onto the card. Drives are bootable with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. Connecting an ultra fast SSD boot drive has never been easier.
Mounting 2.5" Drives
The unique SeriTek/i6G card bundled with the ThunderTek/PX is aimed to meet the needs of customers who wish to be able to easily add storage to their computer. No cables to worry about - just mount the 2.5" SSD directly on the card and use the included screws to hold it firmly in place. Up to two SSD, HDD, or SSHD drives can be attached to the card, one on each side. The card provides the power and the ultra fast SATA 6G connections. With each port featuring bandwidth over 500MB/s, the i6G offers a great option for adding a bootable 6G SSD to the Apple Mac Pro.
Standard SATA Drives
The SeriTek/i6G design PCIe card supports two SSD, HDD, or SSHD drives and turns the Thunderbolt/PX enclosure into a dual-bay, high-speed SSD storage device. Flexibility, performance and a small footprint makes the ThunderTek/PX-i6G bundle an amazing storage expansion option.
SeriTek/i6G - 2009-2012 Mac Pro Performance
The SeriTek/i6G benched 533MB/s Read and 515MB/s Write with a single OWC 6G SSD using a 2009 Apple Mac Pro 2.26 GHz. With two SSD's in RAID 0 performance increases to 778MB/s Read and 769MB/s Write. Once two i6G cards are installed with one SSD mounted on each card in RAID 0, performance jumps to 1058MB/s Read and 1024MB/s Write. The SeriTek/i6G creates an ultra-fast boot drive in the legacy 2009-2012 Apple Mac Pro models for power hungry applications
- ThunderTek/PX2-i6G is Macintosh and Windows certified for Thunderbolt
- Macintosh OS X version 10.6.x or later
- Windows 7/8/10 32 or 64-bit
- One or two 2.5” SSD/HDD/SSHD drives (purchased separately)
- If used in the ThunderTek/PX Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion Chassis, two mounting posts are required (included when SeriTek/i6G is purchased as the ThunderTek/PX-i6G bundle)
- One ThunderTek/PX2+2 Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion Chassis
- One SeriTek/i6G adapter with two 2.5" drive slots
- Six round foam spacers to cushion drives
- Six drive mounting screws
- Two mounting posts to securely fasten SeriTek/i6G within the ThunderTek/PX chassis
- Thunderbolt cable not included