Compatible with both Macintosh and Windows!
Thunderbolt™ PCIe Expansion Chassis and SeriTek/Q6G Bundle
The ThunderTek/PW PCIe Expansion Chassis is designed for connecting a PCIe 2.0 card to Windows 8.x Thunderbolt equipped PC's and 2011 or later MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, 2013 Mac Pro or other Thunderbolt equipped Macintosh computers. Thunderbolt technology provides ultra fast 10Gbs bi-directional, dual channel bandwidth with the use of a single, compact port. This new high performance standard brings the power of PCIe expansion to notebooks as well as desktop computers. In the past, computer storage connections were limited, as high performance, external, eSATA ports were usually not found on portable computer models. FirmTek has blown through this limitation with the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G - "Thunderbolt to eSATA adapter".
ThunderTek/PX + SeriTek/Q6G = ThunderTek/PX-Q6G
The ThunderTek/PX-Q6G adds four high performance eSATA ports to any Thunderbolt equipped computer by installing a SeriTek/Q6G card inside the ThunderTek/PX chassis. This high performance combination supports legacy eSATA enclosures via a Thunderbolt port. High performance, versatility and compatibility with most eSATA storage devices, makes the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G a perfect tool for moving your existing eSATA enclosures to a new Thunderbolt equipped computer.
Ease of Use
No need to turn off the computer when you want to connect a different eSATA device. The ThunderTek/PX-Q6G supports hot swap so customers can easily attach or remove eSATA enclosures based on the current needed data set. With ThunderTek/PX-Q6G installed, the customer is in control. Easy data access improves productivity and creativity for professional customers with large data libraries.
Thunderbolt technology combined with up to four FAST direct connect eSATA ports provides the possibility for EXTREME data performance for media professionals. Four high performance 3.5" hard drives in RAID 0 can provide performance approaching 680MB/s with the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G and the SeriTek/2eEN4. Even higher performance can be achieved using dual SSD drives in RAID 0 with the FirmTek miniSwap/ES. And if large volumes are required, multiple SeriTek/5PM enclosures can be used with the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G to support up to 20 simultaneous hard drive connections on a single Thunderbolt port.
ThunderTek/PX-Q6G offers high-speed data transfers and lots of configuration options which fuels professional customers with the tools they need to get the job done in record time. ThunderTek/PX-Q6G was designed to excel with audio/video editing, computer animation, digital photography, portable computing, storage expansion, backup and any application where external eSATA high performance data storage is desirable.
Macintosh and PC users have desired built-in external eSATA connections for years. With ThunderTek/PX-Q6G, high performance eSATA connections are possible on a wide variety of Thunderbolt equipped computers. Just plug in the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G to provide instant eSATA capabilities.
ThunderTek/PX-Q6G Key Features and Benefits
- Easy to Use: Simply Plug and Play
- Save time and money by using existing eSATA devices
- High-performance 10 Gb/s, dual channel, Thunderbolt technology
- Attractive, durable, portable ThunderTek/PX-Q6G Adapter provides up to four eSATA ports
- Supports direct connect, SiI3726 Port Multipliers and Oxford 936 eSATA enclosures
- Supports SATA 1.5G, 3G or 6G HDD or SSD of any capacity
- Fully RAID capable: Compatible with Operating System based RAID solutions
- Aluminum case for maximum durability and heat dissipation
- High performance - can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Perfect for both storage-hungry and speed-sensitive applications
- Cross-platform, PC and Macintosh compatible, operating system independent
- Platform independent: Macintosh or Windows computers with a compatible Thunderbolt port
- Works with most direct connect, SiI3726 PM and Oxford 936 based eSATA enclosures
- Optimized for FirmTek miniSwap/ES, SeriTek/2EN2, SeriTek/2eEN4 and SeriTek/5PM
- ThunderTek/PX Chassis is full with one SeriTek/Q6G installed
- One ThunderTek/PX Expansion Chassis
- One SeriTek/Q6G Adapter
- External Power Supply
- One power cord
- One CD-ROM containing the ThunderTek/PX User Manual
- Thunderbolt cable not included